OpenText Expands Strategic Partnership with Google Cloud
Companies announce new partnership, services and product integrations to help customers move EIM workloads to Google Cloud
Seven months after announcing a new strategic partnership, OpenText and Google Cloud are announcing and launching new product integrations in key areas:
- OpenText intends to leverage Google Cloud's multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud offering, Anthos, to deploy and manage containerized EIM application workloads in a multi-cloud environment. Today, OpenText is announcing the general availability of containerized versions of several EIM applications including Content Server, Extended ECM, Documentum, InfoArchive and Archive Center on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- OpenText intends to use Google Cloud to enable multi-layered global disaster recovery services for customers with business-critical EIM workloads running in the cloud, on-premises, and in hybrid cloud architectures.
- OpenText intends to integrate its portfolio of products with G Suite allowing a seamless experience of using G Suite with various EIM activities and ensuring the world's largest organizations can unlock the full value of their data.
- OpenText intends to integrate with key Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning services from
- Joint go-to-market activities will initially focus on industries including financial services, media and entertainment, healthcare and public sector.
"Cloud is a strategic imperative, and OpenText is committed to supporting our customers at every stage of their cloud journey," said Barrenechea. "As a strategic EIM partner for Google Cloud, OpenText will deliver the next generation of our cloud-based content services supporting the Google Cloud Platform and the unique value add that
Ichhpurani added, "Customers are increasingly interested in moving critical EIM workloads to Google Cloud. We're expanding our partnership with OpenText to help our joint customers migrate these workloads more quickly and effectively. Through our partnership, customers can leverage Google Cloud's reliable and performant infrastructure, AI and ML capabilities, expertise in containerization and our hybrid and multi-cloud solution, Anthos, to deploy cloud-native EIM solutions across public clouds and private data centers."
Barrenechea continued, "Enterprises across all industries are looking for flexible, secure and cost-effective cloud infrastructure. Google Cloud provides a compelling platform for companies to securely manage their content and applications, with planetary scale and unparalleled availability. With the partnerships and product integrations announced today, our shared customers can leverage the performance, scalability and security of Google Cloud, while deploying cutting-edge enterprise information management applications from OpenText."
For more information on OpenText EIM Solutions for Google Cloud and the latest developments announced at OpenText Enterprise World 2019, visit: https://www.opentext.com/enterprise-world/global.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, on premises or in the cloud. For more information about
Connect with us:
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the
Copyright © 2019 Open Text. All rights reserved. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text or other respective owners.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/opentext-expands-strategic-partnership-with-google-cloud-300881469.html
Austin DeArman, OpenText, 202-341-9181, email@example.com